#edchatNZ Blogging Meme

If you get included in the blogging meme: copy/paste the questions and instructions into your own blog then fill out your own answers. Share on twitter tagging 5 friends.
1. How did you attend the #Edchatnz Conference? (Face 2 Face, followed online or didn’t)
  • Face 2 face - no other option for me really!
2. How many others attended from your school or organisation?
  • 6 other fantastic people from my school attended, we have a supportive senior leadership team
3.How many #Edchatnz challenges did you complete?
  • 7
4. Who are 3 people that you connected with and what did you learn from them?
  • Red Nicholson (@rednz) - I learned that there are tweeps out there who are as passionate about transformational education as me but have far less freedom than I do.  I think I take that for granted too often, I have neve been told I couldn't try something with me class.  Makes me want to go on a break-out / intervention mission
  • Catherine Delahunty (@greencatherine) - I love how passionate she was about what we do, and so completely admire her for being the only politician on stage without notes.
  • Danielle Myburgh (@missDtheTeacher) - I can't say enough about this lady!  Be a lone nut, have an idea, never give up, surround yourself with positive people and you will achieve something far beyond your imagining but everything you dared hoped for deep down inside.  I loved watching her wonder around for 2 days with a dazed look in her eyes thinking "wow, we did it"
5. What session are you gutted that you missed?
  • Both Matt Nicholls because I think that filming yourslf teaching is such a brave thing to do, and I think I would have been inspire to try it, and Steve Burgh's (from NZQA) because as an organisation they are far more enabling than we give them credit for and I think it's about time we stopped using assessment as an excuse not to be better and try new things.
6. Who is one person that you would like to have taken to Edchatnz and what key thing would they have learned?
  • My principal.  I think she wants to see transformative change in teaching and learning in our school, but is sometimes held back by a fear of how that might happen, or how to get it started, and a fear of how our community might respond - because when it comes down to it the current favourite measure of success is achievement data and ours looks great, so why change?
7. Is there a person you didn’t get to meet/chat with (F2F/online) that you wished you had? Why?
  • Michelle Dickinseo (nanogirl) because I was a bit star struck when I talked to her, so didn't really say anything and I missed her session because I needed to be elsewhere.
8. What is the next book you are going to read and why?
  • Key Competencies for the Future from NZCER because I think it will help me with my movement in our school away from such content driven learning area specific subjects
9. What is one thing you plan to do to continue the Education Revolution you learnt about at #EdchatNZ?
  • Try to hook up with a different subject teacher and teach in the same theme in an NCEA course
10. Will you take a risk and hand your students a blank canvas?
  • Not yet, I think we will paint the canvas together.

Who do will I tag with this meme:
@44trees4me Bryce Clapham
@mrsCNZ44 Michelle Clapham
@kaiako_na Michaela Pinkerton
@belldogc Chris Bell
@josshale Jocelyn Hale

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#it'snotaboutthebuildings

Collaboration - what do we want it to look like?

Road Trippin'